Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Week 7: You remember me? Wait! What?

There is a play/musical that comes out a few days before called the Book of Mormon which makes fun of missionaries so we are using social media to show everyone what missionaries do. So on September, 16th or 20th we will have members follow us around for a whole day, posting things to facebook, twitter, instagram, Whatever! If you see it retweet, repost, whatever just keep sharing!  
1. How are your investigators progressing?  Any new ones?

Susan-- We meet with her this week

Ruta and Sujata-- We are planning to meet with them this week but school starts!
Tony-- He is so close in setting a baptismal date! This week he asked " Do you think it was a coincidence that we met?" Sister Duran told him "NO!!!" because she had his name in her planner as a former and was planning on meeting him! But that same day she met him at a member's house and he invited us over!
           I have learned that coincidences are God's way of staying anonymous, but on your mission there is NO SUCH THING AS A COINCIDENCE! =

Rob-- He is doing well! He is getting married at the end of the month and is also trying to finish school! He is crazy busy! Ba'haai is a faith where life is only based on Spiritual and not physical! They had a prophet Bahowla who taught very intellectually! He also said religion and truths are always changing, so you have to seek truth everywhere in every religion. He encourages people to learn about all the churches they can. But that is the just of it! You can probably research it a little more if you want! I don't know all the details!
Monique and Ruben--How are the new members discussions going and temple prep?
     They are doing well! We had dinner with them last night! It was wonderful! The lesson we taught is the Strength of Youth! Ruben was very interested in it! Temple Prep starts this month and Monique is SUPER excited!

We have 2 new last week and 2 new yesterday as well!
Amber
Diana
Nasrin
Helen
2.  What was the BEST part of your week in the field?
So on Sunday! I saw an old friend! Actually I only met him once! But there is a missionary That just got back from the Ogden Utah Mission! Elder Kozack (I think that is how you spell it) Any way His last area was ROY!!!!!!!! He didn't even recognize me until the elders were talking to him and they asked where he served and he said Ogden Utah and Elder Judd asked Elder Lawerance isn't that where Sister Stuart is from and pointed to me as I walked in the room! and he turned and said I cant believe I saw you! (He had told me we would NEVER see each other). He then said "My my my have the tables have turned I didn't even recognize you. Your now the missionary and Im now the one having to be kicked in the butt to get missionary work going and get to church!" Ouch! We then talked until sacrament meeting started! He was super excited to see me! He lives 3 HOURS AWAY from this ward! He says he is coming back to Utah in October probably!
Elder Kozack from the Ogden Utah Mission Small World

3.  How much time online do you get each Pday?  What kind of things do you do on Pday?
There is not a limit here really in London but we try to stay with in 2 hours!
Sister Simon and Sister Mac with Sister Stuart
We shop for everything we need for the week. Clean A LOT! We have a sports time with our zone (mostly just our 2 districts here in London because everywhere else is far away).
Elder Skirvin from her Zone on Pday

4. Funniest moment of the week?
So we were out putting up flyers around 8:30 at night, so it is pretty dark out! and there were 2 cars coming towards us as we were walking across the parking lot so I pulled Sister Duran to the side because she didn't see them and she pulled away. Thus causing her shirt to rip from her shoulder to her mid back! I then was trying to hid her until we got to the car! Super crazy night! But super funny she was literally about to kill me!

5. Favorite teaching moment this week?
Probably going over to the Sheill's (super awesome couple, retired, converts, missionary oriented, amazing....) and had dinner which was home made glutton free pizza, it was super delicious! And then Tony came over there and we taught him! So Tony loves to prove his points. So this week I was really urged by the spirit to be blunt, bold, and straight forward. I think that is the first time Tony was quiet and didn't argue with us! He just listened! It was amazing to just feel the spirit in the room really testifying to him.
6. How was the Youth Leadership Conference you attended?  What did you learn?  What were you able to share with the youth?
Oh my gosh it was Unbelievable over 500 youth attended from all over Ontario. It is kinda like EFY. So Sister Duran bore her testimony on her conversion and why she came on a mission as well as Elder Cowley. While President and Sister Clayton spoke after them. I learned so much. And the spirit there made me absolutely speechless! Elder Cowely's Testimony was absolutely wonderful. He had already went on a mission for 6 months in Australia and decided he really better come back out! It was so touching! 

7. Do you do more cooking on your own or do you have dinner appointments with the ward?
We cook more on our own! Our ward doesn't do a meal Calendar but we have a dinner appointment about once a week!

8. What is your favorite thing about London, Ontario?
It is the Forest City! It is soooo green! There is wild life everywhere! You know in Roy how there is a lot of skunks hit on the road there are like 3 times as many squirrels! It is crazy! There are lots of Rabbits and squirrels running around here! It is absolutely beautiful here!

Rapid Fire:

1. My most humbling moment of the week was when...
When I got a blessing from the elders because I couldn't stand because my knee did something weird last week! But now I am running on it and exercising with it normally! It really showed me that if I humble myself before him and work hard that he will return you back to a better state!

2. I was especially happy when...
When I saw the Elder from Utah! It made me feel at home and him just talking about his mission!

3. I know my Heavenly Father loves me because....
He lets me know that he is there for me through out every hardship and trial. 

4. I felt the Spirit the most....
When I really found out that you never know true light until you experience utter darkness!
Sunrise view from home.  A new day, a new light, and new direction


5. I was really surprised to discover that Sister Duran...
She can get mad, but it is not really mad! I don't know how to explain it!

6. This morning's personal scripture study focus was...
2 Nephi 32 and 33 but honestly 2 Nephi 33:3 stood out to me because you should stop saying prayers and start praying. An MTC teacher said "Stop saying prayers that absorb into your pillow at night..... Say prayers that will reach to Heaven."

7.  I laughed uncontrollably when...
When I accidently ripped Sister Duran's shirt and then when I was trying to hid it she got even madder. I don't know why I couldn't stop laughing!

8. The strangest thing I ate this week was...
Nothing yet but Sister Duran wants me to eat Balut. Which is a baby duck still inside the egg and it is not fully grown yet!

9.  One way I feel blessed as a missionary is...
To really See the want of someone to change their life. And really witness miracles EVERYDAY!!!!!

10.  I am grateful for (5 things) this week...
- Heavenly Father for sending his son to suffer and die for us!
- Making friends that will last a life time
- A good laugh!
- Miracles that come from obedience
- Life in general---- Make it a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment