Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 9: So much happening so little time! Rain, Rain, and More Rain!

1.  How are your investigators progressing?  Any new ones?
Tony-- Tony received a couple answers but now he has more questions as well! Last night I helped him fix his sink because He claimed he had 2 extra pieces! and he turned the water on and it went everywhere! So I fixed it for him! With no EXTRA pieces! He is doing well! He is just fighting his faith.


Rob-- Has been sick the past 2 weeks and is getting married next week and so we had him give us a list of questions and they are deep and challenging! But I love a good challenge. So Sister Duran and I have been having really good study sessions.
Monique and Ruben-- Are absolutely amazing! I love them so much!! She is going to the temple in October!!!! YAY!!!! and We taught a lesson on Patriarchal Blessings and they both are now preparing for them! YAY!!! They are so AWESOME!!!
Amber-- Still trying to get better.
Diana-- Is still out of town.
Nasrin-- Wasn't home!
Kathryn-- She is doing well! She still remembers us! and loves having us over! She is super sweet!
The Bird Family--did they make it to church? No! They were in Sarnia at a Wedding! But we are meeting with them early this week! Sister Duran and Sister Hawryluk Did service for them on Wednesday!
2. How was your Zone Conference on the 9th? Favorite talk, or topic and why?
     Oh man it was absolutely fantastic! President Clayton used the talk "Fear not I am with thee" by president Uchtdorf! It is an absolutely amazing talk! Remember to FEAR NO MAN!
3. How are you holding up in the weather?  Noticed it is starting to get cold. 
     The weather is definitely getting colder and more humid! It is getting chilly! I am getting winter stuff ready! because supposedly it is coming fast this year!
4. I felt The Lord guiding me the most this week when....
      As I was at Zone Conference and when I was with Sister Felix for Transfers! 
5. Best "A-ha" scripture reading experience of the week?
      Jacob 5:41 And it came to pass that the Lord of the vineyard wept, and said unto the servant: "What could I have done more for my vineyard?"
       That is my Question What can I do more for my part of the vineyard he has lent me? I have given and will continue to give my best to this part of the Vineyard and I will continually serve them with my whole heart!
6. Most embarrassing or funniest moment last week? (Spare no details)
     While I was on Exchanges with Sister Felix in Bramford. Sister Duran and Sister Hawryluk were busy in London! During that day they got a Text from an unknown number!
Guy: hi sisters
S.Duran: Hello there its the Sister Missionaries, Who is this?
Guy: We met in 585.
        .... And I have a crush on you.
        ....Sister??
        .....Hi Sister
We still don't know who it is, but we have our ideas. Scary part is all we know is he lives in our building! Dun dun duuuuuun!
7. Best companion moment of the week?
     Well this week I had two so
     Sister Duran-- It had to be when I got home from exchanges and she told me about ^^ and I have been taking care of her because she is sick!
     Sister Felix-- I loved that whole experience with her! She is an amazing missionary! She is so cute! Well we were tracting in downtown Bramford! and it literally just started to downpour! she had this scrawny little umbrella and was trying to fit both of us under it! It didn't work! We were both soaked and we were talking to EVERYONE!! It was awesome! and wet.. and cold... but super great!
8. Tell me something you learned about YOURSELF this week (a quality, etc)
      I learned that I am finding myself more when I serve others because that is what I am best at! I love serving!
9. Favorite teaching experience (or finding experience) of the week?
     On Thursday we taught Tony on his Doorstep because we couldn't find a member. But honestly we could all just feel the Spirit so strongly! and I just felt the spirit surge through me! It was just an amazing experience!
10. The "Most Unexpected Moment" I had this week was....
      When Elder Skirvin got up in Zone conference and bore his Departing testimony, I don't know why but I really just started to cry! It was super interesting, I didn't know we had so much in common! He really just made me speechless! He is awesome!
Rapid Fire

1.  My FIRST thought this morning, as I woke up was....
       Prayer time!!! and then Sister Duran asked if I could make her some soup because she has been sick!
2. My favorite thing that happened at church yesterday was....
       The whole day was based on Charity towards others! It was absolutely amazing to see 2 wards come together as one!
3. I had the most fun this week when...
       When I was on Exchanges with Sister Felix! She is so much fun! and she is super funny! I love it!         
4. I laughed uncontrollably when...
        When a car drove by in the rainstorm and I my shoes were literally flooded! and we still had an hour to tract!
5. Something I wish I had understood BEFORE coming on a mission is...
        There hard times that you cant understand! and Don't try to understand them because it makes it worse! Just stick to what you are here to do and everything will be fine!
6.  My favorite study session this week was....
         When I read the Talk called "Look to God and Live" both by President Monson and By Elder Holland
7.  My favorite SERVICE opportunity happened when...
          Sister Felix and I got to help this less active lady with her lawn. We had to weed eat her ENTIRE lawn!

8.  I love learning new things every day.  Today's "New thing" was...
           I learned that there are things out of my control and it is not my fault because it is others agency! I can't control a situation when it comes to making a decision so why worry about something you cant change!
9.  My testimony on Joseph Smith is...
            He I definitely with out a doubt in my mind a Prophet of God! He Saw God the Father and Jesus Christ multiple times. As an Apostle says: No bad man could write a book, and no good man could write such a book unless it were by the power of God!" He took care of everyone including the people who hated him! Why on Earth would a man die for something that wasn't true! Why would he die leaving behind his wife and kids? Why would he die knowing that there were many hardships and trials coming there way? Why would he die knowing that the Saints would leave footprints left in blood across the plains? Why would he die for a book that wasn't true?
            This man "has done more for this church other than Jesus Christ himself." He is a true prophet of God! He set the path for us all!
Jamaican shirt that matches her personality from last week's letter
Sister Stuart having a ball! She looks so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment