Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 15: Man Ananas Deust Daram

As you can see I am learning Farsi  (Underline means guttural sound)
   Man Ananas Deust Daram = I love Pineapple
   Salom - hello
   Halitoon Schutorra - How are you? (how's your health?)
   who baum - I'm good
   Hali whob - I'm very good
   Man Missionara haustam as ka lee saw yay e saw mass e mo ga da ah see nay achcorren zah man-- I am a missionary from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints!


1.  Updates on investigators.  Are you teaching any new investigators?
    Jeanette-- is doing wonderful! We love her so much! We are learning so much from her! She is giving up coffee and tea!! She is so willing to follow Jesus Christ, she is a true example.
     Lee-- is a less active. He is so funny. He has read the entire children's book of Mormon and it now going to start the actual book of Mormon!!

 2.  So now that you have settled in a bit in Don Valley, are you
helping with the ESL classes?  Do folks just walk in off the street?
Do you advertise?
     Well we were told that there are not as many students so we wont be helping out as much! But Since then we have helped more than we did before! So yes we help! Yes people tend to walk in off the street! and we pass out cards and hang up fliers EVERYWHERE we can!

 3. Favorite scripture of the week?
     Alma 19: 12-13
4. Most embarrassing moment of the week--spare no details?
    
5. How are things going with Sister Lundin? The rest of the district?
     Sister Lundin and I are still laughing A LOT! We are continually learning from each other! The rest of the district is good Elder Johnson is from Alberta. He is a missionary who was hit by a car almost 2 years ago on this same mission! and came back to finish his mission. He is serving now in the same area he was hit by a car in! He is so humble and so funny. His companion Elder Smith from Tremonton. This is his first Transfer! He is on fire! He is sooooo funny! He just barely turned 18!
     The Farsi Elders: Elder Gunnell is our District Leader! He is from Idaho. He just barely turned 19 and has been out for just over a year! He is sooo funny! He is super spiritual as well! He is soooo strange! He loves to act and sing and he is sooo in love with BYU. Elder call is 26 he has been out for almost 3 months! He is from Salt Lake! He is definitely one of my favorite people! Oh and He looks like superman no joke!!! No seriously I am not kidding! He is such a great guy and is funny as well! He also apparently traveled the world doing humanitarian work and playing soccer! He is absolutely amazing! I can't even comprehend it! Then they just got in a trio with Elder Whitney because his companion just went home. He is going home in March. He is like an old man trapped inside a 19 year body! But he is funny!

(Sister Stuart is embracing the different cultures in the food she is trying)

Persian Food (Steak Chicken and Tomatoes)

Pilipino Food


 















6. What is your favorite thing about Don Valley so far?
     Sister Lundin! But the Ward is great! They want to build the kingdom! (Sunny is a member in the ward and this is his Tiger, they had fun on Thanksgiving)

Sister Lundin and Sunny from the Ward

Sister Lundin and the Tiger

Sister Stuart and Sunny

Sister Stuart and the Tiger (Toni the Tiger)











7. Favorite companion bonding moment of the week?
     Homemade Cookie dough milkshakes.
     Oh and we constantly make faces at each other across the bus or the subway! It is so great it makes us really happy all the time!

 8. Now that you are in a new area--what is your favorite or most
successful method of contacting new investigators?
     I love contacting people on the Subway because it is short and sweet and to the point. It is really cool because it is the best way to find the people who the Lord has prepared!

 9. STRONGEST testimony-strengthening experience of the week..
     Having skills and interviews with the mission president this week! Oh and Stake Conference was SOO good! I loved it! It is everything we all needed to hear! (members, nonmembers, missionaries, less actives....)

 10. The "Most Unexpected Moment" I had this week was...
     Well one time when Sister Lundin and I were making faces at each other across the Subway this guy was looking at her and she was just laughing and smiling! So he asked her "why in the world she was so happy." She walked up to him and told him that she got to tell a girl about Jesus Christ and that she wants to come closer to him! And He said "Ya but Why are you so happy!" She said "Well I love Jesus Christ!" The Subway pings "Bayview, Bayview Station!" I walk up and give him our card and he says "what is this? I don't want this, I want your number!" I said "Well our number is on there and we have church on Sunday at ten at this address!" He said "Ok Sweet!"
      Later that night He texts us his facebook name and then texts us "oh ok cool se you later hun good nigh sweet dreams" Wait What??? AHHHH no good no good! Not contacted since!
 
Rapid Fire

1. I laughed so hard when...
      What didn't I laugh so hard at??? Sister Lundin is so funny!

 2. I feel closest to The Lord when...
     I get to study more about what he has done for me and how I can become more like him by working on having his attributes!

 3. I was really surprised to discover that Sister Lundin...
      her feet stink as bad as mine!

 4. The spirit was so strong as...
      When you are teaching and it doesn't just edify them but you as well! It is so great when you teach them what you need to hear as well!

 5. One way I feel blessed as a missionary is..
      You really see people change for the better! They are happier as they come closer to Christ! Oh and seeing people for who they truly are.... Children of God!

 6. My favorite service opportunity happened when...
     ESL again! We taught two ladies who knew ZERO English! It was so great!

 7. A goal I have for this upcoming week is...
     To Study Patience and Atonement!

 8. I couldn't believe it when..
      When you speak Farsi to Persian guys most of them ask you for your number!

 9. If I could describe today in THREE WORDS, they would be...
      Uneventful, tiring, and relaxing!

Sister Lundin sent me a picture of how they relax at the end of a hard day
Bowl of Ice Cream and trying not to fall asleep on the couch at the end of the day

Sunny a member in the ward sent me this quick clip on Wednesday 22nd of October.  I so needed to hear this and see this as we had just taken Riley to the MTC.  I feel so blessed to have two amazing daughters who are willing to serve the Lord and others.   




Man asheghe toe haustam --- I love you 

SISTER TONI STUART

No comments:

Post a Comment