Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 14: Spirit, Floods and Janette !

Question Time:

1. Update on investigators, any new ones?
Janette- She was a referral! She now has a Baptismal Date for November 9th!!!! She is amazing!

2. How are you and Sister Lundin getting along? How are you doing on
the SOEs? You bonded over?
Sister Lundin- Is Awesome! I love her! We get along great! And Laugh A WHOLE LOT!!!! SoE's are coming along! We missed it by 2 people this week! :(
Fuzzy socks, cookie dough, movies, and bacon of course!!!!

New Companion Sister Lundin on the Subway


3. What was the best part of your week?
Best--Yesterday when we taught Janette! She is so ready to hear the gospel!!! She is just amazing!

4. Biggest "A-ha" scripture reading experience of the week...
Alma 12: esp vs 29-30, 34, and 37
There is a plan for each one of us! It is really true that Faith without Works is Dead! and we all make mistakes but that is why repentance is allowed! I love it so much!

5. Most spiritual moment of the week?
The lesson with Janette! Because it went so smoothly and it flowed perfectly! It was what she needed and what we needed as well! The spirit was witnessing and edifying all of us!

6. How does teaching ESL classes go? What part do you do?
It is AWESOME!!!! We taught on Saturday about emotions! and we sang "if you're happy and you know it"

7. What are you plans for the rest of P-Day?
Shopping for winter clothes, food and maybe doing zone sports!


Snow boots bought (check), Coat?


8. Favorite sight seeing moment (what you get to look at each day)?
the 401 (highway)
or part of the city at night when it is all lite up!

9. Something new I discovered about myself this week is...
That I have worked hard most of my life for the things I wanted or needed! But This is the hardest I have ever worked in my life and it is for others and not myself!

10. How was your first week in Don Valley?
BUSY!!!! We are learning the Area together and reorganizing EVERYTHING! it has been crazy!

Rapid Fire

1. I laughed so hard when...
When we were talking about what if's and Sister Lundin didn't like a what if that I said but we were laughing so hard! and then she started hitting me with her pillow!

2. What happens when a Frog gets a parking ticket....
a squirrel dies??? (it happens a lot here)

3. I know my Heavenly Father loves me because...
A patriarchal blessing is from him! He is there for me whenever I need him and even when we feel like we don't! He is there!

4. The thing I appreciate most about changing companions is...
You learn something different from each companion! They are so different but we all have one purpose! To help others to come unto Christ!

5. One of the things I admire most about President Clayton and Sister
Clayton is...
They know each one of the missionaries here! and their struggles and show their love to each one of us and pray for each of us!

6. The one thing I am hoping to accomplish this coming week is...
To Find those people who have been prepared by the Lord to hear his gospel!

7. I am happiest when...
When I am serving people (children of God).

8. The strangest thing I ate this week was...
Cookie dough Pancakes! So delicious!!!!!!!!! I think I am hungry again!!!

9. One way I feel blessed as a missionary is...
Meet new people everyday! To see every miracle and tender mercies each day!

Helping push cars in the flooded streets 

10. I couldn't believe it when...
It rained so much that it flooded our street! and one new 2014 BMW was stalled in the middle of the street! So we waded through knee high water to see if he needed help and that we would push his car out but it fried the computer as well so he couldnt even put it into neutral! so he got out and went to a friends house and then another BMW was stalled a little further down the street, but not as bad as the first! We asked the lady if she needed help she says no! We said we can push it if you can put it in neutral! So she did! We pushed it down the street and up a drive way into a parking lot! best workout of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment