Monday, August 11, 2014

Week 4--Follow the Spirit and Talk to EVERYONE!!!

Are you learning how to cook some Filipino food and Vietnamese food?
Yes, the favorite is adobo (with ALL missionaries here) and I am trying to learn a little Tagalog as well

Question Time

1.  How are your investigators progressing? Any new ones?

Patricia-Did she make it to church? Not this week she has had some health problems, but it is ok now! We are planning to meet with her 3 times this week! She keeps getting reassurances that this is the right plan for her! That this is the true gospel and that she is ready to be baptized!

Derek-- He is still on vacation.

Ruta and Sujata-- Ruta came to church! She loved it! She still wants to be taught! and we will meet with her again soon!

Aaron-- He has been busy all week watching his sisters kids and his daughter, and has been in and out of town all week!

Tony-- His Daughter came into town so he didn't come to church :( but we are meeting with him this week! And hopefully he will be able to set a date!

Homer-- Is super busy! But we are trying to meet with him this week!

Mo-- We are meeting with her tomorrow and doing some service with her as well!

Monique and Ruben-- Ruben comes home this week!! Monique's testimony and spiritual strength has skyrocketed this past week! She is a lot happier and is preparing for the temple!

 2. What was the best (and what was the worst) part of your week?
     Well we met 2 formers a mother and the daughter Tabitha! The mom had her Book of Mormon marked up and was still reading it! So we had 1 more baptismal date from Tabitha and she was so prepared and so willing to learn and she even asked in her prayer for god to prepare her for baptism on the 24th! It was amazing! But she is 16 and her dad told her that if she wants to learn about god he will teach her but he doesn't even have custody over her! So she told us she can't meet with us any more!

 3. Funniest story (these are my favorite, so spare no details)
    Sister Duran spent $45 on candy for her year mark and the lady at the register was giving us weird looks! Oh and the fire alarm went off this morning while sister Duran was in the shower! She freaked out and was screaming! SO funny!

 4. Most spiritual moment of the week?
    Last night- we had a feeling that something was wrong with Monique and so we made dinner and brought it over to her! She had a witness to her that God was listening and loves her! She is so ready to be an eternal family with her son Ruben!  They made the big cookie in the picture below. 

 5. Describe a normal day for a sister Missionary in the Canada Toronto Mission
    Meet with LA/RC's (less actives/recent converts), visit with all investigators, and tract A LOT, because we have no referrals from salt lake or any one else.

 6. How are things going with your district?
    Things are amazing in my district, and even better in the zone. We had our first zone training, it went amazing! Our Zone is the biggest zone! We have around 32 missionaries and Sister Duran, Elder Hicks and I were volunteered to sing The Book of Mormon heroes again! (Song lyrics below)

 7.  Are the ward members supportive of the missionaries?  Do you meet
with them, have a ward mission leader?

    For the most part! We are trying to meet with all of them to receive referrals and to hear their conversion stories! Yes his name is Regan. He is AMAZING! He is awesome! He is an RM! He went to Slovenia! He is so cool and soo funny! He honestly reminds me of Mr. Peer.

8. Best Companion moment of the week?
    Pictures!

Monique and Sister Duran

Silver Fever



 9. Transfers coming? or not?  how do they work?
    Yes You are more than welcome to send letters for sure for the next week because they take 5-10 days to get here! They are on the 24-26! If you want to send letters do! Please! 
We go to Brampton/Toronto to the Stake Center next to the Temple and we do exchanges there! We get a call the Sunday before transfers and then we email about it on Monday and usually transfer on Tuesday!
Usually you train for 12 weeks so I am suppose to stay with Sister Duran for another 6 weeks.

10.  Tell me something you learned about YOURSELF this week (a
quality, etc, that you didn't know you had etc)
     That I focus on too many things at once and confuse people really easily (meaning my companion).
     That Love is important in all aspects of life!

 Finish Sentence

1.  My favorite study session this week centered on....
     pg 17-19 in PMG on a Successful missionary! 

2.  Sister Duran and I bonded over....
     The love of chopsticks!

3.  I was so excited when....
     Patricia called to let us know that her testimony is growing and that she is really preparing herself for baptism!

4. I love it when...
     You can see a spark in someone when you share your testimony with them!

5. One of the most challenging parts of missionary work this week was...
     Being on time to appointments! It seemed like no matter how hard we tried to be on time it just wasn't happening! Every red light, every slow driver, every thing just went wrong!

6. If I had ONE WISH, then it would be...
     To Teleport in an instant so we could be on time!

7.  My testimony was strengthened when...
     When I saw Monique's Desire as well as 2 other Recent Convert's Desire to go to the temple to be sealed for time and eternity! To be a forever family!

8. My favorite "finding" happened...
     Formers are one of my favorite ways of finding people because you find those couple of people who had a seed planted and without trying it has been growing and looking for someone to help it reach the sky!

9.  Did you know that....
     It is hard to find people? But the only way to find people is to talk to EVERYONE!

10.  Missionary Invitation----(this is for all of us back home to work on)

FUTURE MISSIONARIES- Memorize your purpose as well as the 1st vision in the restoration pamphlet.   " I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head above the brightness of the sun which descended gradually until it fell upon me... when the light rested upon me I saw two personages whose brightness and glory defy all description standing above me in the air, one of them spake unto me calling me by name and said pointing to the other: Joseph, this is my Beloved Son hear him"
   If you don't have it memorized yet you can use the pamphlet, turn it to that page and fold it in half and show the picture to the investigator and read it off the back!

EVERYONE- Share your testimony with someone! Whether it is as simple as "Jesus Christ is my Savior" or not.
PLEASE SHARE ANY EXPERIENCES GOOD OR BAD

Book of Mormon heroes
"There are many dangers in the world today
and sometimes I feel it's hard to find my way
There are battles I must fight
As I strive to choose the right
I need strength to be on guard and to obey

Chorus:
I'll follow the heroes in the Book of Mormon
Steadfast and bravely fighting the Foe
I'll follow the heroes in the Book of Mormon
So that a life of Honor I'll know

As I read the stories from those days gone by
In that sacred book, I know that I will try
To be like those heroes of old
Facing evil, fearless and bold
Going forth with faith to serve the Lord most High
Chorus.

Sister Stuart would love to hear from you.  She is able to check her emails on PDAY, which are Mondays.   So you can email her at toni.stuart@myldsmail.net.   

No comments:

Post a Comment